NEW NEWS OR SPECIAL EVENTS:
Do you ever deal with things like worry, doubt, confusion, depression, anger and feelings of condemnation? All these are attacks on the mind. If negative thoughts are an issue for you then this study is made for you. We will begin our next Bible study, Battlefield of the Mind, on Wednesday, September 25, and go through November 6. The times will be same as our last study. We will start promptly at 11 a.m. with lunch following at noon.
SOME OF OUR MINISTRIES:
Our nursery worker teaches your children in an age appropriate way, preparing them for the time when they are old enough to graduate to Children's Church. The nursery is located down the long hallway and is available for children from birth—5 years. You can bring your child back anytime after 9:30 a.m. (The cry room is also available for those who would like to stay with their child.)
Pastor will pray for and dismiss the children to go to Children’s Church after the praise and worship part of the service. Children's Church is for children who are/will be in kindergarten and older.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
The church doors are open every Monday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for you to come and pray at your own pace and in your own way. Prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box located at the front of the platform. These requests will be kept in the prayer box for six weeks. Remember, if you want your request or praise report printed in the bulletin you HAVE to sign your name and check the “yes” box.
Praying for the Lost
Don’t forget to pray for salvation for the names posted on the “Prayer Wall” in the foyer. If you have someone you would like the church to help you pray for their salvation, write their first name only and place it on the board.
Feeding the Homeless
We are scheduled to provide lunches for the homeless on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. We usually make these lunches on Sundays before Sunday School or after the morning worship services. The next date is September 8.
Women’s Sewing / Crafting Group Time Change
This branch of our Women’s Ministries meets most Tuesdays around 1 p.m. We make items that we give to others (Widows Ministries Center, Crisis Pregnancy Center, homeless shelter, etc.) No experience is necessary! See Jackie Harris for more information.
Holy Grounds Café
This ministry encourages fellowship as we have refreshments such as coffee, danishes, etc. We meet every Sunday morning in the church cafe, beginning at 9:00 and ending at 10:20, just before our morning worship service.
Men, join us for our next monthly Men’s Breakfast, Sunday, September 1, at 7:30 a.m. Bring a friend with you.
This group, for ages 50 and up, meets monthly, normally, on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Typically, one month we meet at the church for a potluck dinner, and the next month we meet for an outing and/or meet at a restaurant. Our next meeting is Saturday, September 14, 5:00 p.m. for a potluck at the church. For more information see Mike or Penny Stawski.
Prayer Requests/Praise Reports
We understand that not everyone wants to have their prayer request
printed in the bulletin. Therefore, we will usually only publish your
request if it is written out, you have signed your name, and have checked the “yes” box on the prayer request form in the printed bulletin (or have indicated such through digital means).
These requests will only be listed for six weeks. PLEASE update your request if you would like it to remain longer.
- Mabel Nibling needs our prayers. She has a compound fracture in her back.
- David Ward has had some complications following his recent cancer diagnosis.
- Phyllis Davis needs prayer for congestive heart failure and COPD. She is in a new stage and will be having more tests done until September 5.
- Teresa Smithey’s brother, George, is beginning to see signs that the mold poisoning is starting to leave his body. He is being able to add some foods back into his diet that he hadn’t been able to eat in a very long time.
- Please pray for Brandie Gaines. She has had a setback and is currently undergoing therapy several times a week and walking with a cane. On the positive side, her tumor is not growing at this time.
- Continue to pray for Kristina Rogers and her husband, Greg, as they believe God for a complete healing from cancer.
- Continue to pray for John and Teri Ziegler as he continues rehab/occupational therapy.
- We want to continue to remember (George’s) Joyce Little in our prayers as she waits for God’s timing in healing her body.
Daily Prayer List
The following people need daily prayer until further notice. Please be sure to keep us up-to-date concerning any person you ask to be placed on this list…Thank You!
- Cole Griffet
- Scott Clinton
- Ron Morrow
- Josh Steinlicht
- Byron Hulme
- Garrett Tolley
- Emilee Frankhauser
- Trevor Howe
- Harley Smith
- Wynn Burroughs
- Dondré Anderson
- Brandon Dawson
- Maxine Carlton
- Cate Booth
- Betty Raad