NEW NEWS OR SPECIAL EVENTS:
Christmas Party and Card Exchange
Our Christmas party and card exchange will take place on Wednesday, December 13, beginning at 6:45 p.m. We will soon be placing a list in the foyer of current church attendees so you can know to whom to address your cards. Mark your calendar and bring your favorite finger foods to share and join in the fun.
REGULAR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY EVENTS:
The nursery (located down the long hallway) is available for children from birth—5 years. The cry room is also available for those who would like to stay with their child.
Pastor will pray for and dismiss the children to go to Children’s Church after the praise and worship part of the service. Children's Church is for children
beginning at age 4 years.
Today's Children's Church teachers are Jeremy & Manda Harris.
For our children's safety, no child under the age of 18 should be allowed to be out of the sanctuary unless they are with an adult or in Children’s Church/Nursery. Also, children are not allowed in the Cry Room without an adult.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
The church doors are open every Monday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for you to come and pray at your own pace and in your own way. Prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box located at the front of the platform. These requests will be kept in the prayer box for six weeks. Remember, if you want your request or praise report printed in the bulletin you HAVE to sign your name and check the “yes” box.
Praying for the Lost
If you have family, friends, or co-workers who are not saved, I encourage you to continue praying and working with them with intentionality. Write their name (first name only) on a sheet of paper and have it placed on our prayer wall in the foyer. Take a string from the foyer that you can use as a reminder to pray for them. Please only place one name per card, but you can place as many cards on the board as you like.
Feeding the Homeless
Note the time change. We will be making our 50 bagged lunches, that we make on the 2nd and 4th Mondays, at 12:30, on December 11. The earlier time allows us to carry them to the Salvation Army earlier in the day. For those coming out, it should only take about 45 minutes. Please let us know if we have enough help by signing your name on the sign-up sheet posted on the bulletin board. For more information, please see Mike or Penny Stawski.
Intercessory Prayer Meeting
You are invited to join our Intercessory Prayer group meeting where we pray corporately over specific needs and then break away to pray individually in our own way. We meet every other Tuesday at noon. Our next meeting is December 19.
Women’s Sewing/Crafting Group
This branch of our Women’s Ministries meets most Tuesdays around 1 p.m. We make items that we give to others (Widows Ministries Center, Crisis Pregnancy Center, homeless shelter, etc.) No experience is necessary! See Jackie Harris for more information. Also, see the calendar on our website or app or call Jackie) to see if we will be meeting on a particular Tuesday.
Wednesday Bible Study
Due to our Christmas party this week, we will not be meeting for Bible study.
Holy Grounds Café
This ministry encourages fellowship as we have refreshments such as coffee, danishes, etc. We meet every Sunday morning in the church cafe, beginning at 9:00 and ending at 10:20, just before our morning worship service.
Men, join us for our next monthly Men’s Breakfast, Sunday, January 7, at 7:30 a.m. Bring a friend with you.
The next Covenant Keepers meeting will be on January 13, 2018. We will be having a potluck dinner at the church at 5 p.m. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS EVENT WILL BE CANCELLED OR RESCHEDULED IF THE WEATHER IS BAD. If in doubt, please contact Mike or Penny Stawski.
God’s Mighty Single Men & Women of Faith
We will be taking the winter months off. Stay tuned after the beginning of the year to see when we will have our next meeting.
Prayer Requests/Praise Reports
We understand that not everyone wants to have their prayer request
printed in the bulletin. Therefore, we will usually only publish your
request if it is written out, you have signed your name, and have checked the “yes” box on the prayer request form in the printed bulletin (or have indicated such through digital means).
These requests will only be listed for six weeks. PLEASE update your request if you would like it to remain longer.
- Praise Report: Jim Hambleton is continuing to improve. He got to eat for the first time last week and is now talking. Continue to keep him in your prayers.
- Pray for William Renfro (friend of Tony Fitzgerald) and his family for comfort and strength. His wife, Renee, passed away recently
- Keep Dot, Phyllis Davis’s sister, in your prayers. She still had several major tests being run concerning heart issues.
- Pray for the family of Alvin Salmon, Teresa Smithey’s uncle. He passed away November 30.
- Continue to pray for Teresa Smithey’s uncle, Jerry Salmon, as he continues to fight cancer without using chemo as it has been too harsh on his body.
- Terry Gravely got a good report from the doctor last week. Continue to pray for her as she continues to recuperate and as they watch closely that there is no infection.
- Continue to pray for 13 year old Trent. Even though he has had good reports, they still want him to continue the chemotherapy for the time being.
- Continue to pray for Mary Saunders after her moving to a retirement center in Rantoul, that she will feel at home there.
- Pray for Jay Long concerning the return of the cancer.
- We want to continue to remember (George’s) Joyce Little in our prayers as she waits for God’s timing in healing her body.
Daily Prayer List
The following people need daily prayer until further notice. Please be sure to keep us up-to-date concerning any person you ask to be placed on this list…Thank You!
- Scott Clinton
- Ron Morrow
- Brad Main
- Josh Steinlicht
- Byron Hulme
- Garrett Tolley
- Emilee Frankhauser
- Briana Spinks
- Trevor Howe
- Harley Smith
- Wynn Burroughs
- Mary Saunders
- Ray and Maxine Carlton
- Cate Booth
- Walter Mack