NEW NEWS OR SPECIAL EVENTS:
Upcoming Wednesday Bible Study
If you want to be part of our upcoming Bible study series based on Pastor Robert Morris’s bestselling book, "The Blessed Life: Unlocking the Rewards of Generous Living," you have to order your book TODAY. We will begin this study in March and continue for 7 weeks.
IL COG Women’s Conference
Ladies, if you are planning to attend our annual Conference this year, your registration needs to be turned in TODAY. This event is scheduled for March 16 & 17 at the Glad Tidings Church in Decatur. The total package cost is $120. This includes registration, hotel, food after Friday night’s service, and Saturday’s breakfast. Please see Teresa Smithey if you need more information. You can also purchase a T-shirt specially designed for this conference for an additional $15.
REGULAR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY EVENTS:
Our nursery is more than a babysitting room. The gospel is taught to the children in an age appropriate way through stories and songs. It is located down the long hallway and is available for children from birth—5 years. You can bring your child back anytime after 9:30 a.m. (The cry room is also available for those who would like to stay with their child.)
Pastor will pray for and dismiss the children to go to Children’s Church after the praise and worship part of the service. Children's Church is for children
beginning at age 4 years.
Today's Children's Church teachers are Jeremy & Manda Harris.
For our children's safety, no child under the age of 18 should be allowed to be out of the sanctuary unless they are with an adult or in Children’s Church/Nursery. Also, children are not allowed in the Cry Room without an adult.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
The church doors are open every Monday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for you to come and pray at your own pace and in your own way. Prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box located at the front of the platform. These requests will be kept in the prayer box for six weeks. Remember, if you want your request or praise report printed in the bulletin you HAVE to sign your name and check the “yes” box.
Praying for the Lost
If you have family, friends, or co-workers who are not saved, I encourage you to continue praying and working with them with intentionality. Write their name (first name only) on a sheet of paper and have it placed on our prayer wall in the foyer. Take a string from the foyer that you can use as a reminder to pray for them. Please only place one name per card, but you can place as many cards on the board as you like.
Feeding the Homeless
We are scheduled to provide lunches for the homeless on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. During these winter months, we will be making the lunches on Sundays after the morning worship services. The next date is February 25.
Intercessory Prayer Meeting
You are invited to join our Intercessory Prayer group meeting where we pray corporately over specific needs and then break away to pray individually in our own way. We meet every other Tuesday at noon. Our next meeting is February 27.
Women’s Sewing/Crafting Group
We are taking a few weeks off. Keep watching the bulletin and/or church calendar to see when we will meet next.
Holy Grounds Café
This ministry encourages fellowship as we have refreshments such as coffee, danishes, etc. We meet every Sunday morning in the church cafe, beginning at 9:00 and ending at 10:20, just before our morning worship service.
Men, join us for our next monthly Men’s Breakfast, Sunday, March 4, at 7:30 a.m. Bring a friend with you.
This group, for ages 50 and up, normally meets monthly on the 2nd Saturday of the month. One month we meet at the church for a potluck dinner, and the next month we meet for an outing and/or meet at a restaurant. For more information see Mike or Penny Stawski. Our next meeting will be at Denny’s on March 10.
God’s Mighty Single Men & Women of Faith
Our Singles Care Group meetings are starting back up after taking some of the winter months off. These meetings take place monthly on the fourth Saturday of the month at 6 p.m. For more information, see Emma Barron. The next meeting will be on February 24.
Prayer Requests/Praise Reports
We understand that not everyone wants to have their prayer request
printed in the bulletin. Therefore, we will usually only publish your
request if it is written out, you have signed your name, and have checked the “yes” box on the prayer request form in the printed bulletin (or have indicated such through digital means).
These requests will only be listed for six weeks. PLEASE update your request if you would like it to remain longer.
- Pray for D.A. Pitts and his family as his health has been declining recently.
- Friends of Mary Saunders, Danny & Bea, need our prayers. He has a failing liver and pneumonia, and is not a Christian. She has the flu and can’t be at the hospital with him.
- Phyllis Scrimager’s sister, Marilyn, passed away last week. Keep her family in your prayers.
- Kathy Goodwin’s granddaughter, Lauren (who is in her late 20’s), had a pacemaker put in recently.
- Ronnie’s friend, Danny Gravely, has just been diagnosed with throat cancer.
- Pray for Terry Gravely and her family after her mother’s recent passing.
- David Gravely requests prayer for a friend, Mark, who has lung problems and now requires oxygen full time.
- Pray for continued healing for Ray Carlton after fracturing his back. Doctors are expecting another 2-3 week recovery time.
- Continue to pray for Jim Hambleton, as he still has much healing to do. He currently has to have a nurse come in daily to give him medicine intravenously.
- Continue to pray for Terry Gravely for complete healing and that she can be back at church soon.
- Continue to pray for 13 year old Trent as he continues chemotherapy.
- Pray for Jay Long concerning the return of the cancer.
- We want to continue to remember (George’s) Joyce Little in our prayers as she waits for God’s timing in healing her body.
Daily Prayer List
The following people need daily prayer until further notice. Please be sure to keep us up-to-date concerning any person you ask to be placed on this list…Thank You!
- Scott Clinton
- Ron Morrow
- Brad Main
- Josh Steinlicht
- Byron Hulme
- Garrett Tolley
- Emilee Frankhauser
- Briana Spinks
- Trevor Howe
- Harley Smith
- Wynn Burroughs
- Jakob Stroud
- Dondré Anderson
- Mary Saunders
- Ray and Maxine Carlton
- Cate Booth
- Walter Mack