NEW NEWS OR SPECIAL EVENTS:
New Bible Study
We had a great turnout and had a wonderful time in the Lord at our first week of Bible study based on the book, “What on Earth Am I Here For?” We will start promptly at 11:00 a.m. every Wednesday for this six-week study. Lunch is provided immediately following our study.
We could use your help in getting the word out about Pastor Chris’s new blog. Through the use of social media, it is providing an opportunity for us to get the gospel message out to our friends and neighbors. Our target audience are those who live in our area, but the message should benefit all those who read it. All we are asking is for you to read the blog post and, if you liked it, share it on your Facebook page. Through doing this it allows 1,000’s of others to read something that is both encouraging and uplifting. Anytime someone hits “like” on the article we then invite them to join our church Facebook page. This way they can know what is going on at the church. Go to our Curtis Road Church of God Facebook page to see the latest blog post.
SOME OF OUR MINISTRIES:
Our nursery is more than a babysitting room. The gospel is taught to the children in an age appropriate way through stories and songs. It is located down the long hallway and is available for children from birth—5 years. You can bring your child back anytime after 9:30 a.m. (The cry room is also available for those who would like to stay with their child.)
Pastor will pray for and dismiss the children to go to Children’s Church after the praise and worship part of the service. Children's Church is for children who are/will be starting kindergarten and older.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
The church doors are open every Monday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for you to come and pray at your own pace and in your own way. Prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box located at the front of the platform. These requests will be kept in the prayer box for six weeks. Remember, if you want your request or praise report printed in the bulletin you HAVE to sign your name and check the “yes” box.
Praying for the Lost
Don’t forget to pray for salvation for the names posted on the “Prayer Wall” in the foyer. If you have someone you would like the church to help you pray for their salvation, write their first name only and place it on the board.
Feeding the Homeless
We are scheduled to provide lunches for the homeless on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. We usually make these lunches on Sundays after the morning worship services. The next date is July 21.
Wednesday Bible Study
We are doing a new Bible study based on the book, “What on Earth Am I Here For?” every Wednesday for six weeks at 11:00 a.m.. Lunch will be provided immediately following our study.
Holy Grounds Café
This ministry encourages fellowship as we have refreshments such as coffee, danishes, etc. We meet every Sunday morning in the church cafe, beginning at 9:00 and ending at 10:20, just before our morning worship service.
Men, join us for our next monthly Men’s Breakfast, Sunday, August 4, at 7:30 a.m. Bring a friend with you.
This group, for ages 50 and up, meets monthly, normally, on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Typically, one month we meet at the church for a potluck dinner, and the next month we meet for an outing and/or meet at a restaurant. Our next meeting is Saturday, August 10. We will be meeting at Cracker Barrel at 5 p.m. For more information see Mike or Penny Stawski.
Prayer Requests/Praise Reports
We understand that not everyone wants to have their prayer request
printed in the bulletin. Therefore, we will usually only publish your
request if it is written out, you have signed your name, and have checked the “yes” box on the prayer request form in the printed bulletin (or have indicated such through digital means).
These requests will only be listed for six weeks. PLEASE update your request if you would like it to remain longer.
- Please pray for Wilena Gains, who has inoperable liver and pancreatic cancer. She understands her need for healing, but wants prayer for the cancer not to get to her brain and that she will be in less pain.
- Please pray for healing from leukemia for Bill Garfield. The doctors are trying to find another treatment since the medication he has been on the last 3 years is not working.
- Please pray for Matt Safirt (Pastor’s cousin) and the rest of his family after the sudden passing of his 14-year old daughter recently.
- Please remember Brandiee Gaines, the granddaughter of our former Pastor Tom Edwards, in prayer. She has started six weeks of radiation treatments for an inoperable cancerous brain tumor, and will then have chemo treatments.
- Continue to pray for John and Teri Ziegler as he continues rehab/occupational therapy.
- We want to remember Trent’s family after his recent passing following his 2-year battle with cancer.
- Continue to pray for Kristina Rogers and her husband, Greg, as they believe God for a complete healing from cancer.
- Please continue to pray for Teresa Smithey’s brother, George, that he will see the healing in his body soon from mold poisoning.
- We want to continue to remember (George’s) Joyce Little in our prayers as she waits for God’s timing in healing her body.
Daily Prayer List
The following people need daily prayer until further notice. Please be sure to keep us up-to-date concerning any person you ask to be placed on this list…Thank You!
- Cole Griffet
- Scott Clinton
- Ron Morrow
- Josh Steinlicht
- Byron Hulme
- Garrett Tolley
- Emilee Frankhauser
- Trevor Howe
- Harley Smith
- Wynn Burroughs
- Dondré Anderson
- Brandon Dawson
- Maxine Carlton
- Cate Booth
- Betty Raad