NEW NEWS OR SPECIAL EVENTS:
Christmas is a time to celebrate the precious gift of Jesus and a time to celebrate the joy of giving. On December 16 we will be receiving a special Christmas love offering for Pastor Smithey and Sister Teresa. Please make your checks payable to the church and designate on your envelope that it is for our Pastor. If you won't be here on the 16th, feel free to place your gift in the offering anytime.
Christmas Party/Card Exchange
Our Christmas party/card exchange this year will be held on Sunday, December 16, at 5 p.m. Make note of new time and day. Bring your favorite finger foods to share and your Christmas cards to distribute. In addition to the list of current attenders to whom you can address your cards, we have an addendum with names to add the the former list. These are located in the foyer.
REGULAR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY EVENTS:
Our nursery is more than a babysitting room. The gospel is taught to the children in an age appropriate way through stories and songs. It is located down the long hallway and is available for children from birth—5 years. You can bring your child back anytime after 9:30 a.m. (The cry room is also available for those who would like to stay with their child.)
Pastor will pray for and dismiss the children to go to Children’s Church after the praise and worship part of the service. Children's Church is for children
beginning at age 4 years.
Today's Children's Church teacher is Teresa Smithey.
For our children's safety, no child under the age of 18 should be allowed to be out of the sanctuary unless they are with an adult or in Children’s Church/Nursery. Also, children are not allowed in the Cry Room without an adult.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
The church doors are open every Monday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for you to come and pray at your own pace and in your own way. Prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box located at the front of the platform. These requests will be kept in the prayer box for six weeks. Remember, if you want your request or praise report printed in the bulletin you HAVE to sign your name and check the “yes” box.
Praying for the Lost
Don’t forget to pray for salvation for the names posted on the “Prayer Wall” in the foyer. If you have someone you would like the church to help you pray for their salvation, write their first name only and place it on the board.
Feeding the Homeless
We are scheduled to provide lunches for the homeless on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. We usually make these lunches on Sundays after the morning worship services. The next date is December 23.
Women’s Sewing / Crafting Group Time Change
During these shorter days, our group meets at 12 noon MOST Tuesdays so we can stay longer and still be home before dark. Sometimes, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may have to reschedule, therefore, it would be a good idea to contact Jackie Harris if you are planning to attend. This group makes items that we give to others (Widows Ministries Center, Crisis Pregnancy Center, homeless shelter, etc.) No experience is necessary!
Wednesday Bible Study
We are cancelling the Bible study for the remainder of the year. Keep watching for more information after the beginning of the year.
Holy Grounds Café
This ministry encourages fellowship as we have refreshments such as coffee, danishes, etc. We meet every Sunday morning in the church cafe, beginning at 9:00 and ending at 10:20, just before our morning worship service.
Men, join us for our next monthly Men’s Breakfast, Sunday, January 6 at 7:30 a.m. Bring a friend with you.
Prayer Requests/Praise Reports
We understand that not everyone wants to have their prayer request
printed in the bulletin. Therefore, we will usually only publish your
request if it is written out, you have signed your name, and have checked the “yes” box on the prayer request form in the printed bulletin (or have indicated such through digital means).
These requests will only be listed for six weeks. PLEASE update your request if you would like it to remain longer.
- Please pray for Mary Saunders and her family during this difficult time. She has been moved from the hospital to the CU Nursing & Rehab Center.
- Jay Long is in a care facility in Bloomington. He is only awake and alert for just a few hours a day. Continue to keep Jay and Lenora in your prayers.
- Continue to pray for Pastor Chris and his family after the recent passing of his mother.
- Continue to pray for Kristina Rogers (Teresa Smithey’s youngest sister) as she believes God for a complete healing from the cancer. She has specifically asked that we pray that her faith will not waver.
- Pray for Teresa Smithey’s brother, George. He needs direction and finances to know where to go to treat the mold poisoning he was exposed to about 2 years ago, that is continuing to cause more physical issues.
- Pray for Dianne Scheir. She had an EEG recently with a history of seizures.
- Continue to pray for John & Teri Ziegler as he continues to heal and goes through rehab at Helia Nursing Home.
- Continue to pray for complete healing for George Little.
- Continue to pray for 14 year old Trent as he continues chemotherapy.
- We want to continue to remember (George’s) Joyce Little in our prayers as she waits for God’s timing in healing her body.
Daily Prayer List
The following people need daily prayer until further notice. Please be sure to keep us up-to-date concerning any person you ask to be placed on this list…Thank You!
- Cole Griffet
- Scott Clinton
- Ron Morrow
- Brad Main
- Josh Steinlicht
- Byron Hulme
- Garrett Tolley
- Emilee Frankhauser
- Trevor Howe
- Harley Smith
- Wynn Burroughs
- Dondré Anderson
- Mary Saunders
- Maxine Carlton
- Cate Booth
- Walter Mack