NEW NEWS OR SPECIAL EVENTS:
You should be receiving your 2018 giving statement in the mail by the 15th of January. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Debbie Koester.
REGULAR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY EVENTS:
Our nursery is more than a babysitting room. The gospel is taught to the children in an age appropriate way through stories and songs. It is located down the long hallway and is available for children from birth—5 years. You can bring your child back anytime after 9:30 a.m. (The cry room is also available for those who would like to stay with their child.)
Due to all our teachers being out of town this weekend, the children will be staying in the sanctuary this morning.
For our children's safety, no child under the age of 18 should be allowed to be out of the sanctuary unless they are with an adult or in Children’s Church/Nursery. Also, children are not allowed in the Cry Room without an adult.
Weekly Prayer Meeting
The church doors are open every Monday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. for you to come and pray at your own pace and in your own way. Prayer requests can be placed in the prayer box located at the front of the platform. These requests will be kept in the prayer box for six weeks. Remember, if you want your request or praise report printed in the bulletin you HAVE to sign your name and check the “yes” box.
Praying for the Lost
Don’t forget to pray for salvation for the names posted on the “Prayer Wall” in the foyer. If you have someone you would like the church to help you pray for their salvation, write their first name only and place it on the board.
Feeding the Homeless
We are scheduled to provide lunches for the homeless on the 2nd and 4th Mondays. We usually make these lunches on Sundays after the morning worship services. The next date is January 27.
Wednesday Bible Study
We are cancelling the Bible study for a few weeks. Keep watching for more information.
Holy Grounds Café
This ministry encourages fellowship as we have refreshments such as coffee, danishes, etc. We meet every Sunday morning in the church cafe, beginning at 9:00 and ending at 10:20, just before our morning worship service.
Men, join us for our next monthly Men’s Breakfast, Sunday, February 3 at 7:30 a.m. Bring a friend with you.
Prayer Requests/Praise Reports
We understand that not everyone wants to have their prayer request
printed in the bulletin. Therefore, we will usually only publish your
request if it is written out, you have signed your name, and have checked the “yes” box on the prayer request form in the printed bulletin (or have indicated such through digital means).
These requests will only be listed for six weeks. PLEASE update your request if you would like it to remain longer.
- Please pray for Teresa Smithey's family. Her step-father passed away last week.
- Mike Koester needs prayer for healing.
- Please pray for Lading Rosales for a physical need.
- Please pray for Bob Orwick. He has blood, bone, & stage 3 kidney cancer. Since having to stop chemo due to complications, he must decide on the next step.
- Please keep the family of Walter Mack in your prayers following his recent passing.
- Continue to pray for complete healing for George Little.
- Be in prayer for Mary Saunders’ family following her recent passing.
- Continue to keep Jay and Lenora in your prayers. He is still in a care facility in Bloomington.
- Continue to pray for Kristina Rogers (Teresa Smithey’s youngest sister) as she believes God for a complete healing from the cancer. She has specifically asked that we pray that her faith will not waver.
- Pray for Teresa Smithey’s brother, George. He needs direction and finances to know where to go to treat the mold poisoning he was exposed to about 2 years ago, that is continuing to cause more physical issues.
- Continue to pray for John & Teri Ziegler as he continues to heal and goes through rehab at Helia Nursing Home.
- Continue to pray for 14 year old Trent (George & Joyce Little's grandson). They have found a couple more spots.
- We want to continue to remember (George’s) Joyce Little in our prayers as she waits for God’s timing in healing her body.
Daily Prayer List
The following people need daily prayer until further notice. Please be sure to keep us up-to-date concerning any person you ask to be placed on this list…Thank You!
- Cole Griffet
- Scott Clinton
- Ron Morrow
- Brad Main
- Josh Steinlicht
- Byron Hulme
- Garrett Tolley
- Emilee Frankhauser
- Trevor Howe
- Harley Smith
- Wynn Burroughs
- Dondré Anderson
- Maxine Carlton
- Cate Booth